Terms & Conditions
Who are we?
Freedom Finance is a trading style of Freedom Finance Ltd. We are a consumer credit broker who offers solutions in the personal finance market. We believe in offering customers a better way to shop for a loan than the standard comparison model. We don’t offer headline rates to those customers who won’t qualify for them. Our unique ‘soft credit search’ technology and years of experience in the loans and secured loans market ensure customers have the best possible journey from the moment they start their application right through to getting the funds in their bank account. This means that you can be sure that you the customer are at the heart of what we do as a business.
What is our registered address?
Freedom Finance Ltd,
Atlas Business Park,
Registered in England and Wales. Company number 06297533.
Who regulates us?
Freedom Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for certain consumer credit activities. (FRN: 662079)
Our Data Protection Register number is Z120757X. The data controller is Freedom Finance Ltd.
Freedom Finance Ltd is committed to keeping your information private. By your ‘information’ we mean any information about you or anyone associated with you that you or a third party provides to us, as a result of the application process.
Consent, information usage and sharing
By proceeding you are confirming that you have consent of all persons named on the application to act and accept these terms and conditions on their behalf and in doing so give consent to us, our lenders, Credit Reference Agencies (CRA’s) and associated brokers to process your and their data in the ways described below;
- In order to provide the service you have requested we will process your information and share it with our panel of lenders, CRA’s, other brokers and any other third party we believe may be able to help you.
- In order to assess creditworthiness, verify identities, prevent financial crime and so we can find the right lender for your circumstances, we and our lenders may perform ‘soft’ credit searches (quotation searches) on you and anyone to whom you are financially linked. This search is conducted by a CRA and details of the CRA’s we work with are available on request. The result of the ‘soft’ search will be recorded on your file and or anyone you are financially associated with by the CRA but will not be visible to anyone but you or your financial associates. These searches have no impact on your credit score or the credit score of your financial associates.
- If you choose to proceed with a loan, your selected lender will perform a ‘hard’ credit search (application search), to verify your identity, confirm your address, assess your creditworthiness and to prevent and detect financial crime. In doing so, the CRA will add the details of this search to all credit files relevant to the application. This search can be viewed by the credit reference agency and any other organisation that conducts a credit search, including lenders. These organisations may use this information in the future to help make credit decisions, prevent financial crime and to trace debtors.
- If false or inaccurate information is provided, or if a reasonable suspicion of fraud or any other criminal offence is identified, details will be shared with fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies who may access and use this information. We and other organisations may access and use the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when: – Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities – Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities – Recovering debt – Checking details of job applicants and employees Details of the fraud prevention agencies we work with are available on request, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information held about applicants by CRA’s may already be linked to records related to one or more of your partners or members of your household. For the purpose of this application you may be treated as financially linked and the application may be assessed with reference to any ‘associated ‘records.
- To identify you when you contact us.
- To satisfy legal and regulatory obligations placed upon us.
- To perform statistical analysis, system testing and research, with the aim of improving our service.
- To consider and implement business, products and technology developments.
- For the purpose of training our staff.
- For the purposes of auditing and monitoring our business activities.
- Unless you ask us not to, both we and other carefully selected organisations or alternative credit providers may contact you by telephone, letter, fax, e-mail, SMS or other social media to offer other credit products which are felt may be of interest to you or money saving tips. If you do not wish to be contacted with such offers or information then please opt out of future marketing activity on our application form or email us at email@example.com.
Accuracy of loan quotes
1. Freedom Finance Ltd takes every care to ensure the accuracy of the loan quotes which are based on the latest information available from the lenders at that time. However, the lenders on the panel reserve the right to change % APR or %APRC rates and underwriting criteria at any time and without notice. This may result in a change to the loan/secured loan offered to you or may result in the loan/secured loans offer being withdrawn.
2. The accuracy of the loan/secured loan quotes depends upon the accuracy of the information you have provided. Freedom Finance Ltd and the lenders on the panel will conduct checks to verify the accuracy of the information you have provided. If information you have provided changes as a result of these checks, the original offer may be changed or withdrawn.
3. The expected time periods from submitting your application to receiving your loan/secured loan funds are only a guide. Any delay in the returning of your loan documents, proof of income or identification and/or delays with any third party we or the lender need to contact in order to process your application, may result in your application taking longer to complete.
How do we maintain your information?
Review, correction and deletion of information we hold
You have the right to request copies of all records we hold about you. You may request this by writing to us at: Compliance Department, Freedom Finance Ltd, Atlantic House, Atlas Business Park, Simonsway, Manchester, M22 5PR. A fee of £10 is payable for this request, so please enclose a cheque with your letter. We shall respond to your request as promptly as possible, but no later than 40 calendar days from receiving it.
How we earn our money?
Our income is derived from commissions paid by the lenders and other third parties we deal with for any successful introduction we make. In addition a broker fee may be charged in relation to a mortgage product you choose to cover our administration and processing costs. This fee will be reflected in the APRC applied to the mortgage. If you chose to add the fees to the mortgage it will be included in any monthly payment you are quoted. You can opt to pay the broker fee upfront, your Mortgage Adviser will discuss these options with you.
How to give feedback or make a complaint
Your opinion is very important to us. Listening to your views helps us develop our company ethos of having customers at the heart of what we do! Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback you may have.
We all make mistakes and if we do get something wrong we want to know about it so we can put it right. We treat all complaints very seriously and promise to deal with them fairly and promptly, and in many cases we will resolve them straight away. If you have a complaint please contact us by writing to the Compliant Dept. at the above address, via e-mail email@example.com or telephone us on 0161 498 7739.
Freedom Finance Ltd will try to resolve any complaint with you. However if you are unhappy with our final response or we are unable to issue our final response within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You can get more information about them at the following link; http://financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
What law is applicable to your contract with us?
In legal disputes, the Law of England will apply. As required by law, please note any terms and conditions of your application and agreements will be in English, governed by the laws of England and Wales and we will communicate with you in English.
How do we use third party websites?
Our website may contain links to sites operated by persons outside Freedom Finance Ltd. These terms and conditions do not apply to those websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, content, or the products and services provided through those sites. We do not accept any responsibility for such third party website, including without limitation for their accuracy, security, the products or services which they offer or for any information which is collected through them. You are responsible for reviewing and abiding by the privacy policies and website terms and conditions of such third party websites.
1. The information that is made available on this website is intended for general information purposes only and is provided on an ‘as is’ basis without any warranties of any kind. Freedom Finance Ltd does not accept any liability for any loss arising as a result of reliance on the information contained on this website.
2. This website is owned by Freedom Finance Ltd and is protected by copyright and database rights. You acknowledge that all trademarks (registered or unregistered) used in providing this service shall remain the property of Freedom Finance Ltd at all times.
3. You shall not copy, adapt, exploit or otherwise use the information contained on this website in any way, save for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the purpose of viewing on a personal computer or terminal, provided that you do not delete any copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
4. We may make improvements or changes to the products, services and prices detailed on this website at any time without notice.
5. If you choose to use such a link as detailed in ‘How we use third party websites’ then you will leave this website. Once you leave this website, whether or not you realise that you are leaving, we are no longer in any way responsible for the material on the other website that you enter. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise in connection with or as a result of such external website material causing any damage, costs, injury of financial loss of any kind.
6. You agree that you will not use this website to: a) Commit or encourage any criminal offence, including but not limited to harming a minor in any way and stalking or harassing another; b) Insert or knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus, worm, trojan horse, time bomb, trap door or any other computer code, files or programs or repetitive requests designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of or impair the functionality of this website; including carrying out any hacking activity; c) Circumvent, or attempt to seek to circumvent, any of the security safeguards of this website; d) Permit any third party to do any of the above.
7. While we try and ensure that all information on this website is accurate and up to date, errors may occur and we accept no liability for such errors. If we discover an error we will amend the website as soon as reasonably possible.
8. We neither warrant nor represent that your use of this website will not infringe the rights of third parties.
9. We are interested in protecting your personal information and we only use your personal information in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.
10. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of data and/or equipment used by you in connection with this website and will not make a claim against Freedom Finance Ltd for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate output, work delays or lost profits resulting from the use of such materials.
11. We may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.
12. Freedom Finance Ltd reserves the right to refuse access to this website or any component of it. We may at any time, at the discretion of the site’s management, refuse access to certain areas of this website to any individual it chooses – this refusal of access may take whatever form the management deem suitable.
13. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
14. This site is controlled and operated by Freedom Finance Ltd from the United Kingdom. Freedom Finance Ltd makes no representations that materials in this website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. No material from this website may be downloaded, exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) any countries that are subject to UK exporting restrictions/legal or socio-economic sanctions.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, or any other aspect of this website please contact us at:
Freedom Finance Ltd
Atlas Business Park
Tel: 0161 498 7739
Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
March 2017 Prize draw terms and conditions
- The promoter is: Freedom Finance Ltd company no. 06297533 whose registered office is at Atlantic Business Park, Simonsway, Manchester M22 5PR.
- Employees of Freedom Finance or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the prize draw or helping to set up the prize draw shall not be permitted to enter the prize draw.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this prize draw.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age and live in the UK.
- To qualify for this prize draw, you must check your eligibility for a loan via our website before 31/3/17 and agree to be contacted with the latest news, tips and offers from Freedom Finance.
- Only one entry per individual is permitted.
- Closing date for entry will be 31/03/17. After this date no further entries to the prize draw will be permitted.
- There will be one prize of £500 which will be paid to the winner by bank transfer.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries received after the closing date.
- The prize draw will be administered by the Head of Compliance at Freedom Finance and the winner will be chosen at random from all entries.
- The winner will be notified by Freedom Finance within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Details of the winner will be promoted on the Freedom Finance website, Facebook and Twitter.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the prize draw will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter, and on the Freedom Finance website.